At American Adoptions, we like to remind our adoptive families that they’re not alone. No matter what phase of the process you’re in, there are other families out there who are experiencing something similar. But you don’t just have to take our word for it.
The internet is full of information about adoption, some of it helpful and true and some of it a little less so. To help you on your quest for adoption information as well as an online community, we’ve compiled Facebook, Twitter and blog links to helpful accounts. Some of these, like Considering Adoption’s Facebook and Twitter, are more informational. Others, like Ripped Jeans and Bifocals, provide a glimpse into an adoptive family’s life — and all of the unique experiences that come along with it.
These represent only a small sampling of the adoption-related social media accounts out there, but it’s a list of solid accounts to get you started.
- American Adoptions, Twitter: @adoptions, Instagram: americanadoptions
- Considering Adoption, @consideradopt
- Adoption.com, @adoption
- AdoptUSKids, @AdoptUSKids
- National Adoption Center, @NatAdoptCenter
- Ripped Jeans and Bifocals
- Adoptive Families
- Show Hope, @ShowHope
- Confessions of an Adoptive Parent
- Lifesong for Orphans, @LifesongOrphans
- Creating a Family, @CreatingaFamily
- No Hands But Ours