Each year, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption publishes the 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list, recognizing employers who support adoption and provide competitive adoption benefits to their employees. The list ranks the top 100 companies based on the maximum amount of financial reimbursement and paid leave offered to employees who adopt.
The 2015 winners were announced last month. The Wendy’s Company came in on top, offering up to $25,300 in adoption assistance and six weeks of paid adoption leave. In addition to the top 100 list, the Foundation also recognizes leaders by industry and company size (below). This year’s list also recognizes emerging leaders in supporting adoption benefits.
Employers who applied to be included on the list offer an average of $7,600 in adoption assistance and almost six weeks of paid leave. The number of companies offering financial adoption benefits has risen steadily, from 12 percent in 1990 to 52 percent in 2013. Increasingly, companies are finding that offering these benefits makes them more competitive as employers and bolsters productivity, goodwill and loyalty among employees. In addition, less than 1 percent of eligible employees use adoption benefits, making them one of the most cost-effective benefits employees can offer.
Read more about the 2015 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces on the Dave Thomas Foundation Website.
Interested in becoming an adoption-friendly workplace?
Become an adoption advocate in your workplace by asking your employer to extend employer-provided adoption benefits to you and your coworkers.
- Ask your human resources or personnel department whether your company offers any form of adoption benefits
- Find your employer on Holt International’s list of companies that offer adoption benefits
- If your employer currently offers adoption benefits, submit your workplace in the Adoption-Friendly Workplace Benefits Survey for 2016
- Order free adoption-friendly workplace toolkits for yourself or your employer
- Read more about workplace adoption benefits on our website